We are well into November, also known by many as Movember. In honor of a great cause men everywhere grow a mustache with pride. There are so many fun ways to celebrate Movember and encourage people to give back, I have a Pinterest board where I share some of my favorite finds called movember love...
Take a boo, get inspired. The Movember page, Movember.com is so well done and explains everything you ever wanted to know, allows you to sign up and fund raise or just support the cause in general. It's hip and fun and you won't want to miss out. Here are some of the goals from their page...
Campaign Strategy & Goals:
We will get men to grow moustaches and the community to support them by creating an innovative, fun and engaging annual Movember campaign that results in:
• Funds for men's health program investment
• Conversations about men's health that lead to:
- Greater awareness and understanding of the health risks men face
- Men taking action to remain well
- When men are sick they know what to do and take action
Living with and Beyond Cancer
Men living with prostate or testicular cancer have the care needed to be physically and mentally well.
Staying Mentally Healthy, Living with and Beyond Mental Illness
• Men are mentally healthy and take action to remain well
• When men experience mental illness they take action early
• Men are not treated differently when they experience a mental illness
Men's Health Research
We will fund innovative research that builds powerful, collaborative teams that accelerate:
• Improved clinical tests and treatments for prostate and testicular cancer
• Improved physical and mental health outcomes for men
-taken from Movember.com
It takes the right sort of fella to sport a mustache well...but when it is for an amazing cause I think they all look damn hawt. Nothing is sexier than a man who cares and isn't afraid to look a tad silly to show it.
happy Movember friends,