Okay I left you hanging last night with no eco-friday post. Today I have just enough time before hockey to finish up.
Face cloths are really rather unexciting, you can get different weaves and colours but generally a face cloth is a face cloth right? Maybe not.
Years ago I was invited to a Norwex eco-friendly cleaning product party. The Norwex rep asked if someone wouldn't mind washing their make up off and since I am rather simple in the makeup department I volunteered. She gave me a cloth and I washed my face feeling quite silly with everyone watching. It was amazing...it literally sucked off my mascara and it gave me a really nice exfoliation. A quick rinse and squeeze and it dried my face as well and I was ready to go.
They come in three packs and are under $20 for three. Perfect their are three shades for my family as each boy has their own hue of beige. Now...it's been years since I got my first cloth and this sounds gross but it's still good and hubbie uses it in the shower...I have replaced my face cleaning ones with three boys I guard my face cleaning one and don't let it near the shower as who knows what it will be used to clean.
The best part is they never get that musty face cloth smell as they don't hold any bacteria...I even bring mine on trips I love it so much.
The Norwex Antibac Body Pack cloths, which come in packages of three, are made of the highest quality microfiber. Each fiber is split 200 times, and each split in the fiber is a “grabber” that picks up dirt and bacteria. They are excellent for keeping skin clean and healthy. Here’s why these cloths are so great:
- A Norwex body pack cloth that’s wet with plain water removes EVERYTHING from skin! This feature helps many users to clear up recurring minor bacterial skin infections – those annoying infections that cause blemishes around your mouth, for example – and keep further breakouts at bay.
- These are a MUST for any baby that has “cradle cap” (baby dandruff). Used regularly during bath time, these cloths eliminate cradle cap from starting, and can clear it up if your baby already has it.
- These cloths are very effective as baby cloths for diaper changes. Users report that these cloths clear up baby’s diaper rash, and with continued use actually keep baby from getting diaper rash.
- Most users say they require no cleansers with these cloths because they completely remove dirt, makeup and even mascara with just water. For die-hard cleanser users, you can still use cleanser with the cloths if you want to. It won’t hurt them.
- You do not require toner if you use the Body pack cloths, because the cloths don’t alter your skin’s naural pH level. Some users still like to use moisturizer after cleaning with the cloth (and all users should apply full-spectrum facial sunscreen!).
- These cloths also exfoliate skin, which removes dead skin cells and leaves skin clearer and brighter. Exfoliating is a major part of keeping skin blemish-free because bacteria gets trapped under dead skin if you don’t remove it regularly, which causes breakouts.
- These are wonderful for anyone who has sensitive skin and has allergic reactions to many of the skin cleansers on the market. Because you’re only using water and a cloth to clean your skin, your risk of breaking out in an unsightly rash, is significantly red
Norwex has a full line of cleaning products that are fabulous. My dear friend Amy Remark who runs Green Clean in the Sea to Sky corridor uses nothing but. Do ask her if you have any questions about the products and you can also order directly from her Green Clean page or from any of the Norwex links in this post. Also Amy writes a great blog with cleaning tips and more...I learned a brilliant way to get mineral stains out of our toilet bowls on the Green Clean blog.
Say no to toxic cleaning products...cleaning green is easy, effective and less expensive in the long run.